this is my active list of shoot ideas I want to work on next.
Experiment with candid-style portrait work.
Experiment with art portrait work with a water theme.
- Create graphic design treatment on select photos (album covers, etc.)
- Bathtub self-portraits
- A photobook that is a visual companion to a playlist/album
- Cafe portrait session – at tables, through windows, etc
- Portrait/cityscape composites. Combine portraits with cityscapes into a composite image.
- Short films. Just take your concepts for stills and shoot them in video as well. Play with movement and editing. Use playlist tracks as soundtracks.
- Autofocus control practice. Explore the autofocus settings and figure out how to control what the autofocus focuses on.
- City light abstracts – creative focus and blurs for abstract photographs.
- Focal range. Explore shooting the same shot with different focal lengths and compare the results.
- Location scouting – explore the other side of Santee, in the fashion district.
- SHOT IDEA – triptych portrait, same basic composition for three shots that will be composed into one portrait; splits between frames are composed so subject has hands up in top, then near waist in middle, then by legs in bottom. Should have a Shiva look.
- 4×4 block where subject interacts with themselves between the frames, one guiding the eye into the next, in a complete circuit.
SHOOT CONCEPT ARCHIVE
concepts I like in general but not into working on right now.
- Erotic VS Nude. One shot showing a fully-dressed model in an erotic pose, second shot fine art nude in a classic pose.